Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sacramento Stuff #4

It's been over a month since my last blog post, oops! I'll try to do a bunch of posts this month to make up for it. I've been working myself too hard, as usual. I've been taking a Quickbooks class and finishing up the new men's hoodie pattern. After that and then sewing and shipping orders every day I haven't had time for much else.

This Sunday I will be selling handmade clothing at Maker's Mart at Bows and Arrows. It's at 19th and S Street, which happens to be only four blocks from my house. I could totally roll my clothing rack all the way there, hahaha.


I'll be selling stuff along with lots of other artists and designers. Bows and Arrows has been interviewing us and photographing our workshops for the Maker's Mart blog. You can see the Deranged Designs interview here. They also recently interviewed Amanda Caroll, an old classmate of mine from a tailoring class. It looks like there will be a good variety of handmade products for sale and I hope to see a lot of other familiar faces this Sunday!

I might be a little tired for Maker's Mart because Saturday night will be this summer's first Trash Film Orgy movie at the Crest Theatre. A lot of my friends have worked for TFO and their movies are a shitload of fun. There will be a zombie walk around downtown Sacramento and then the Army of Darkness showing will start at midnight. Fuck yeah!

Trash Film Orgy  Trash Film Orgy 2

One more thing worth mentioning this week: my friend Nick Avey recently got a new camera and updated his photography website Takeover Tokyo. I'm going to hire him for some photo shoots this fall and I can't wait to see what he can do with some Deranged Designs outfits. I'm still trying to find a picture of me in my costume at the annual Mad Max/Apocalypse party photo gallery, but since was gone for half the party I might not be in there. So much fun...

No wonder I haven't posted in over a month, this summer is going by so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment