Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Basement Photo Shoot

I didn't feel like coming up with a new creative photoshoot location this week, so Laura and I just took pictures in my basement and on the railroad tracks near my house.

My basement seems to have a different look every time I take pictures down there. This time there were blue lights set up on the side walls, which made things glow a little bit like they were under a black light. (Of course that made me think about how the basement would look if it were a real black light. GROSS!)

basement2011

Laura modeled the new 5th Culture and Folter Clothing items. My favorite pictures are below. After that I'll tell a story about a little drama that happened last month that has to do with my basement.

Click on the pictures to go to the item pages and read more details about the new clothes for sale.

12021a
Zebra fringe top, S/M/L, $30, made by 5th Culture

12020a
Red and black lace-up tank top, S/M/L/XL, $32, Folter Clothing

11045a
Lightweight Leopard Blazer, S/M/L, $55, 5th Culture

11047a
Corset Back Cardigan, S/M/L, $35

11046a
Striped Nautical-Style Cardigan, S/M/L, $42, 5th Culture

Ok, now on to my silly basement story. Anybody who lives in Sacramento and goes to the shows we have in my basement has probably already heard this.

We have punk rock shows in my basement at least once a month. We don't like our address to be posted online because we aren't a real venue and we only book our friends' bands. A couple days before one of our shows, we discovered that the local alternative paper had published our exact address AND my roommate's girlfriend's phone number in the business directory on their website.

Random people were calling her up to ask if we sold alcohol in our "venue". She got confused and freaked out a bit. Our HOUSE was listed in the local directory as a bar!

We still don't know who posted it up there, but it was obviously just a silly mistake. Of course, our friends on Facebook started posting about this and talking shit about the News and Review. I got annoyed and told them to all shut up, because I like the Sacramento News and Review. The show that was supposed to happen that week was canceled and we got our address taken down off the website. We were all disappointed about the show having to be canceled, but we were afraid that too many people would show up. As you can see from the picture I posted earlier, our basement isn't very big. I wish we could fit more people in there so that we wouldn't have to be secretive about the shows, but it just isn't possible.

A couple days after all this drama I realized how hilarious it is that according to the internet, I LIVE IN A BAR.

If anybody finds this blog looking for the address of CASA DE CHAOS, for god's sake just send me an email and I'll let you know. ANNIE@DERANGEDDESIGNS.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment