Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring 2013 Update

Yikes, it’s been so long since I’ve posted on my blog!  My busy season was much busier than I expected. I spent September to February working 60+ hours a week and I barely had time to do anything but sew orders. Now that my slow season has started I finally have some time to catch my breath. 

I’ve spent the last month trying to catch up on all the things that I didn’t have time to do when I was working so much. Updating records, working on taxes, doing maintenance on my sewing machines, cleaning… ok just kidding, I haven’t cleaned a bit. That will start next soon. I’m drowning in thread and fabric dust!

Now that I’ve gone an entire six months of having barely any time to come up with new designs or even keep my sewing room clean, it’s time to think about how I can run things better during my next busy season. Lately I’ve been obsessing over moving my business out of the house and renting out a small warehouse space. I’m running out of room and it would be great to have a normal sized cutting table so that I can cut orders out faster. I’d love to make the move but it might be a better idea to hire a friend to help me out with mail order and other basic jobs. While I figure out how to get through the rest of the year I also have to make time to develop new clothing designs.

Lately I’ve been trying to add new designs to my website every week. I want to make up for all the months that I didn’t have anything new so I’ve gone on a sewing and designing spree. I’m currently making clothes for spring, summer, and fall seasons. My spring and summer lines are being constantly added to my website while my fall designs will be available starting in August.

In the past I have made whatever clothing I felt like, with no attempts to make outfits that go together in the same theme. As of fall 2013 this will change! It’s time to get focused and make an actual collection instead of letting my disorganized mind design whatever it wants!

The links below will direct to you different sections of my site where you can find the new items.





























 \

No comments:

Post a Comment