Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rest in Peace, Poly Styrene!

Anybody who cares probably already heard about this, but whatever. Poly Styrene, the singer for the 70s punk band X-Ray Spex, died yesterday. The X-Ray Spex were one of the first punk bands I got into when I was a teenager. I listened to their record Germfree Adolescents today (admittedly for the first time in a while) and I still definitely recommend them to any punk rock fan. I think that all those years listening to Rancid every day made me forget about how awesome the rest of my record collection is. Anyways, thanks for being such a badass, Poly Styrene!

RIP Poly Styrene!

This news also reminded me of some of the X-Ray Spex clothes I made in 2005-2006, back when I used to put a band logo on almost everything I made. (Those were simpler times!)

DIY15 DIY22

The jacket has some stenciled on lyrics from the song "I Am A Cliche". A local girl bought it at Sellout Buyout back in...2005? She was super excited about it and I was super amazed that somebody recognized random punk lyrics. I'm pretty sure that the front of the jacket had more lyrics from the song.

Yes, I wasn't too great at sewing back then, and I LOVED fabric paint. I wonder if whoever bought these still has them? Probably not, I doubt that shirt lasted long. Oh well. OH BONDAGE, UP YOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment