Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sacramento Stuff

Blog posts that don't really have to do with Deranged Designs will now be titled "Sacramento Stuff".

We have two shows coming up at Casa de Chaos:

11.09.23show

11.09.30show


The Friday show was originally going to be at the Fire Escape in Citrus Heights, but they suddenly decided to stop having shows. It's too bad, because they were all-ages AND had a bar, AND sold Pabst tall cans for super cheap! I actually enjoyed going to shows there, even though I don't usually like bigger venues. RIP yet another Sacramento venue.

We had a show here last Saturday but I didn't post anything about it. The bands that played were Okami, the Yoohoos, Julie the Bruce, the Croissants, and the Crunchees. My favorite band that night was the Yoohoos. They are a visiting band from Germany. They came over here a couple weeks ago with my friend Kian, who lived in Germany for a year. I loved how the singer kept yelling out, "This is the BEST PLACE EVER!" I'd have to agree, it is definitely my favorite place to see a show, and I love when out of town (or out of country!) bands are so happy to play here.

Mickie Rat posted the lyrics to his Casa de Chaos song up on Facebook today. His song says it all. Living here can drive me crazy sometimes, but every time we have a basement show I feel like I'm 15 again and its my first punk rock show. I hope they get the recorded version of this up sometime soon. Hearing the Secretions practice it in the basement always puts me in a good mood.

there's a place that you should go
If you wanna see a punk rock show in Sacramento
just take the light rail to midtown
then crack a beer and take the alley down

to the middle house on *** between * and *
its gonna be a punk rock n roll adventure for me and you
we’ll hang out on the porch and drink all night
we wont go to sleep until we see the morning light

I wanna go (let’s go!)
down to the basement for a punk rock show
I’m gonna go (let’s go!)
down to the basement for a punk rock show

from 92 to 95
it was the P house where Secretions and Phlegmings would thrive
we all had fun cutting loose
with now absent friends like Curtis Freitag and Mikel Gius

then we came back again in two thousand and three
once again it became where the punks should be
since then Annie and Reggie keep it going strong
the Sacto Pyrate Punx keep the shows going on

I wanna go (let’s go!)
down to the basement for a punk rock show
I’m gonna go (let’s go!)
down to the basement for a punk rock show

beers and punx and drunx and songs
drink up now and sing along
sleep upstairs if you get too smashed
there’s always a floor where you can crash
pick up your empties so the place stays neater
please don’t smash the water heater

I wanna go (let’s go!)
down to the basement for a punk rock show
I learned all that I know (let’s go!)
down in the basement at a punk rock show


The line about the water heater always makes me crack up. We haven't had a mosh pit water heater disaster since the Pyrate Punx built a wooden cage around it, but I still get paranoid when things get extra rowdy in the basement. 

Also, almost forgot, I have a picture from the Pyrate Punx yard sale fundraiser thing that I posted about a couple weeks ago.

Aren't we adorable?
2011sep1
I'm going to blame this picture on a severe case of ADD. Either in the photographer or in everybody else.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment